Fire Protection Inspection Technician
Job Title: Fire Protection Inspection Technician
Status: Non Exempt
Reports To: Inspections Manager
Location: Corporate Office Indianapolis
USAutomatic Fire and Security is a premier fire protection and security company serving the Greater Midwest for more than 25 years. We are currently seeking talented and energetic individuals to join our team. USAutomatic is committed to providing best in class service to our customers in a fun, team centered environment.
Interested in being an integral part of protecting lives and property? As a Fire Protection Inspection Technician at USAutomatic you will be a key contributor in helping prevent loss of life and property due to fire. The Fire Protection Inspection Technician will conduct routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on various types of fire alarm, sprinkler, suppression, and life safety systems.
- Perform testing, inspection and maintenance of fire alarm and life safety system panels, record deficiencies and note corrective action.
- Perform inspection and minor maintenance on various types of fire suppression systems including wet, dry, clean agent and fire pumps.
- Function test heat & smoke detectors, duct detectors, pull stations, audible/visual devices, waterflow switches, tamper switches and other associated peripheral devices.
- Conduct inspections for new and existing customers in a timely manner while maintaining high quality work standards and exceptional customer service.
- Responsible for reading and understanding assigned project documentation and work orders including scope of work.
- Ensure paperwork is completed in a through and timely manner for inspections and determine if additional information is needed for follow-up.
- Ability to complete site surveys and identify code issues and provide solutions.
- Self-motivated and ability to work with limited direct supervision
- Identify ways to enhance processes and productivity to improve efficiency, quality of service and the customer experience.
- Education: Highschool diploma or an equivalent required
- Vocational/Tech School degree preferred (OR)
- At least 2+ years field experience in sprinkler systems service, life safety, low voltage electrical systems required
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a positive attitude and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong desire for continued growth and learning
- Lift and carry 70lbs
- Ability to safely climb and work on ladders.
- Ability to work in varying work environments
USAutomatic Fire and Security offers an exciting professional work environment with a comprehensive pay and benefits package. We also provide extensive training and continual education through our State of the Art Flashpoint Training Center to ensure our employees are up to date with the latest codes and advancements in the industry.